I. Information Collected
a. Information Provided To Us
We collect personal data from voluntary user registrations, requests for information, surveys, mailing lists subscriptions, job applications, contact forms and emails. We may also collect personal data that you provide to us when you purchase a product or service from us, or contact or otherwise correspond with us.
The information you provide to us might include your identity and contact data (name, address, email address, and phone number). If you are creating an account you may also provide a password. If you are purchasing a service from us you will also need to provide your payment details. If you are submitting a job application you may also provide your CV, additional information about your academic and work history, references, and any other such similar or related information as may be supplied.
b. Information That We Collect From You
We may collect any information contained in any correspondence between us. For example, if you contact us using a form on our site or by email, telephone, Skype, or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also collect certain technical and usage information when you visit our website (www.bakingitacademy.com) about which pages you visit, how long you visit certain pages, and how you arrived at our website among other things. This might include your IP address, geographical location, device information (such as your hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers), browser type, referral source, length of visit to the website, number of page views, the search queries you make on the website, and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies.
For more information on exactly what information is obtained, please read the section titled "What Are Cookies?" below or contact us at [email protected].
I. Purpose of Collection
a. Examples of Purpose: We collect and use your information for the purposes listed below either on the basis of the following:
i. Performance of your contract with us and the provision of our services to you; ii. Your consent (where we request it);
iii. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
iv. Our legitimate interests (see section "c" below for more details). b. Use of Information
i. To improve your user experience through the customization of content and layouts of various pages, (including sharing your information with our website hosts and developers, our digital consultant, designer and website manager) (on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure our website is presented in an effective and optimal manner);
ii. When you sign up on our website to use our services, we will use the details provided on your account registration form (on the basis of performing our contract with you);
iii. To respond to your requests for information and keep you informed about new features and services that we offer along with any content that we provide through our newsletters, provided that we have the requisite permission to do so (either on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or, alternatively, our legitimate interests to provide you with marketing communications where we may lawfully do so) and provided that you have not asked us to not contact you;
iv. To process transactions and payments, and to collect and recover money owed to us (on the basis of performing our contract with you and on the basis of our legitimate interest to recover debts due);
v. To share your information with reputable organizations who may contact you with special offers of possible interest (where we have your consent to do so or, alternatively, on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a business) and provided that you have not asked us to not to share your data in this way;
vi. To provide customer service and support (on the basis of our contract with you), deal with inquiries or complaints about the website and share your information with our third-party service providers as necessary to provide customer support (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the correct products and services to our website users);
vii. To process any job applications you submit to us (on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or, alternatively, our legitimate interests to consider job applications, or where we otherwise have a legal obligation to process certain information about our job applicants);
viii. To enable you to take part in prize draws, competitions and surveys (on the basis of performing our contract with you and our legitimate interest in
studying how our website and services are used, to develop them and grow our business);
ix. To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity, including identity fraud (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we otherwise have a legal obligation to do so);
x. To enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, and share your information with our technical and legal advisors (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we otherwise have a legal obligation to do so); and
xi. To carry out aggregated and anonymized research about general engagement with our website and the use of our services and products (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users, and improving our website, products and services). Please read the section titled "Analytical Data" below for more information.
c. Legitimate Interests
i. The phrase "legitimate interests" refers to our legitimate business interests in conducting and managing our business and our relationship with you, including the legitimate interest we have in:
1. Personalizing, enhancing, modifying or otherwise improving the services, products and/or communications that we provide to you, such as sending you marketing and serving you with advertising that is relevant and likely to be of interest to you;
2. Managing payments, fees, and charges and collecting and recovering money owed to us;
3. Detecting and preventing fraud and operating a safe and lawful business;
4. Maintaining and improving security and optimization of our network, sites and services; and
5. Making suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
1. Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our
legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests don't automatically override yours and we won't use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent, or a legal obligation we have).
2. You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us using the contact details set out in the 'About us' section.
d. Right to Object
i. If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details set out in the section "What Rights Do I Have?" below.
ii. As we outline in the section "What Rights Do I Have?" below, from the date that you purchase the course, you will have the right to object to our using your information for our legitimate interests. However, please keep in mind that your objection to this sort of processing may affect our ability to carry out the tasks that we have set out above.
e. Analytical Data
i. We may use your personal data with non-personal data that we have collected in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of our site. We may make your personal data non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal data with information about other users) or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as anonymizing (or de-personalizing) your information.
Baking It Academy is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available to us when you visit BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites, as well as Baking It Academy pages on other sites (such as our profiles on social networks).
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the policy shall not apply retroactively.
What Information Do You Collect?
• 1 Baking It Academy collects personally identifiable information from you when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. For example, by completing a "Contact Us" form, signing up for our email list, or leaving a comment, we may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help us get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary. This information will be retained by the Baking It Academy.
Please note: If you submit your information to register for a Webinar and/or Live Hangout that is hosted by Baking It Academy and a host(s) of another website – the personally identifiable information you provide to attend that webinar and/or live hangout will be shared with and retained by Baking It Academy AND the other host(s) of the hangout.
• 2 Baking It Academy collects non-personally identifiable information about your activities when you visit our website.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address.
A computer's IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites, to send it content and other information;
The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation ("xcompany.com") or university ("yourschool.edu");
The date, time, and duration of a website visit
• 3 If a computer accesses a page on BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites page;
• 4 Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1). The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites.
• 5 The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites to a computer. Baking It Academy does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites are used.
• 6 Some pages on BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites services. For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites pages: YouTube.com; Vimeo.com; Flickr.com; SlideShare; Scribd.com.
• 7 These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information. We do not knowingly use third-party tools that place a multi-session cookie prior to the user interacting with the tool, for example by playing an embedded video.
How Do You Collect The Information?
• 1 Personally identifiable information is submitted by you into the forms on our websites.
• 2 Baking It Academy uses third-party analytics providers including but not limited to Google Analytics to analyze the data collected through the session and persistent metrics cookies to enhance the website, our services, and our advertising. The third-party analytics provider does not receive personally identifiable information through these cookies and does not combine, match, or cross-reference BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites information with any other information.
• 3 Baking It Academy uses web measurement and customization technologies to make BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using the website.This means that when you visit a page on BakingItAcademy.com or a partner site, the internet browser on your computer may download and save a small file (commonly called a "cookie") so that our website can recognize your specific computer and browser when you use BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites in the future.These technologies fall into two categories, based on the length of time they remain active:
> Single-session cookies last only as long as a web browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the data files on your computer are deleted.
> Multi-session cookies last beyond a single session of browsing a website; this allows a website to recognize a computer or user for a defined amount of time.
• 4 BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites use the following web measurement and customization technologies:
> Session cookies are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through the site, facilitating the use of user accounts, and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used.
> Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites, which can improve a user's experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits. When a visitor views a welcome, also known as a "landing page" – BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites sets a persistent cookie to prevent them from seeing that page repeatedly. This cookie does not collect personal identifying information. BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites sets other persistent cookies to measure website metrics, such as which pages are popular and how often people visit the website. These cookies do not collect personal identifying information.
How Do You Use The Information?
• 1 Site activity information. We keep track of the actions you take, such as the pages you visit, how long you visit, the links you click on, form submissions, and downloads.
• 2 Access Device and Browser Information. When you access our site from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
• 3 Cookie Information. We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make our site easier to use and to make our advertising better.For example, we use them to store your email address or login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to our site. We also use them to confirm when you reach certain pages on our website (like a download or checkout page). Cookies are used to tell us when you are interacting with our advertisements and to personalize the ads you see about us.
• 5 Email Marketing. Baking It Academy maintains several lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of a Baking It Academy email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our list subscribers to persons or organizations outside the Baking It Academy. Messages sent from Baking It Academy to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed. Our email analytics providers, also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened, at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
• 6 Links. When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site. BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
Below is the current list of official Baking It Academy pages on third party websites.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all email sent from our organization will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Choice/Opt-Out Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any email they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of Baking It Academy LLC or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from Baking It Academy LLC.
You must not:
a). Republish material from our website without prior written consent. Sell or rent material from our website.
b). Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
c). Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
Use Of Testimonials
In accordance with the FTC guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following: Testimonials that appear on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way. They are individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
The testimonials displayed in any form on this site (text, audio, video or other) are reproduced verbatim, except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened. In other words, not the whole message received by the testimonial writer is displayed when it seems too lengthy or not the whole statement seems relevant for the general public.
Baking It Academy LLC is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on http://BakingItAcademy.com. Baking It Academy LLC is not a forum for testimonials, however provides testimonials as a means for customers to share their experiences with one another. To protect against abuse, all testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by management of Baking It Academy LLC. Baking It Academy LLC does not share the opinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on http://BakingItAcademy.com– the opinions are strictly the views of the testimonial source.
The testimonials are never intended to make claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. Any such claims, implicit or explicit, in any shape or form, have not been clinically tested or evaluated.
What Control Does The Customer Have Over Their Personal Information?
• 1 You can unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any email communication we send you. If you want us to remove all personal information – including name, email, mailing address please contact support [at] BakingItAcademy.com with your request to delete your profile.
• 2 You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our site. Before blocking cookies – we highly recommend reading why cookies are good here:
• 3 You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here.
To opt-out of Facebook advertising visit –https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748
To opt-out of Google advertising visit – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
To opt-out of Perfect Audience advertising visit – http://ib.adnxs.com/optout
How Do You Protect The Information?
• 1 We take reasonable precautions to protect our site and information automatically collected by BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites or voluntarily submitted to BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites. For example, we restrict access to information collected by or submitted to BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to Baking It Academy accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staff who administer those accounts.
• 2 We also utilize commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites. We periodically review our processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for our website.
• 3 Children and Privacy on BakingItAcademy.com and our partner sites: We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please contact us at support[at]BakingItAcademy.com
• 4 Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
• 5 For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Baking It Academy LLC uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Baking It Academy LLC makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contained on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided 'as is' without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall Baking It Academy LLC or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if Baking It Academy LLC has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website, please contact us here: www.BakingItAcademy.com/contact
By using this site you're agreeing to the terms set forth in this privacy